You may have medication for long-term treatment on repeat for a set period of time before needing a review appointment or tests. To re order please use the tear-off part of your prescription or token or write out your order and:
- hand it in at the surgery or chemist (allowing 3 working days for the prescription to be processed)
- online via a the link at the top of this page
- Post the request to the surgery (allowing a minimum of 48 hours for the prescription to be processed.)
- Requests will NOT be taken over the PHONE at the SURGERY unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- Telephone your local chemist e.g. Cookham Pharmacy (01628 521369)
Please be aware of your review date shown on your prescription reorder page. This is an approximate date when you should contact the surgery to arrange a review.
If you are elderly or disabled you can telephone for a repeat prescription on 01628 524646 with agreement from the GP.
You can nominate your preferred chemist or appliance provider (if you use one) to receive your prescription by electronic transfer from the surgery so there is no paper copy to collect. This can be your local pharmacy or you may find it more convenient to use a pharmacy near your workplace or a supermarket based pharmacy. Please ask your preferred pharmacy about Electronic Prescribing (EPS).
Page updated 11.12.19
To set up an account please come to the surgery and sign up, please bring photo ID e.g. passport, driving licence etc. Reception will check the ID and print out your log in details so you can register.
Below are instructions for signing on to the online system for the first time(log in details will need to be collected from the surgery first):
Patient Log-in Instructions